At Rock & Bloom, we create and reimagine brands across North America. We live and breathe branding, and we believe it’s central to the success of any business. At the heart of Rock & Bloom are the people. We are a team of dedicated pros. Each team member is an emphatic expert in their area, whether that’s design, development, marketing, content, or project management, we have carefully curated the A-team. This stellar team is proud of their work and loves seeing it in action. There are no middle wo/men at Rock & Bloom — every team member brings unique and incredible value.
A Web Developer is in charge of ensuring websites look good and function properly on every device. Web developers collaborate with website and graphic designers, monitor website traffic, troubleshoot website problems when they arise, and update websites as necessary.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting languages, content management tools, content creation tools, applications, libraries and digital media.
- Working with cross functional teams of designers, writers, and account managers to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop project criteria, or choose solutions.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Front end development chops
- Solid understanding of programming best practices
How to Really Impress Us:
- Knowledge of popular web services and platforms that can be leveraged by our team to integrate with client sites
- Experience with from scratch custom WordPress themes
- Experience with custom Shopify themes or addons
- Experience with performant CSS and JS animations and interactions
Working at Rock & Bloom isn’t for everyone. More than anything else we pride ourselves on our team and culture, and that requires everyone to be the right fit. With that comes a challenging and rewarding career combined with a best-in-industry work-life balance.
- Opportunity to help build and chart the direction of our business
- Competitive salary
- Recharge Day on the second Friday of every month
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Benefits & health spending account
- Work with a team of the best to create a meaningful difference in our clients’ businesses. We are creating a team of people who like coming to work every day.
This position is allows for remote work from home or work in our head office in Saskatoon.
Job closes August 5, 2022
Please send your resume, with a kick butt cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org